There are two download options for BlogEngine.NET:
1. Web Project
This is an ideal option that you just need to download and copy BlogEngine files on your website and then everything is ready.
- First make sure your server support ASP.NET 4.5 +
- Download and extract zip file on root of your website.
- Add write permissions to the
- Installation is done.
- You can navigate to administration by adding
/admin/to your website's URL, for example:
2. Source Code
This is the developer option. If you are interested is seeing how things work or want to add to the functionality, this is your option.
- Make sure you have Visual Studio 2015 + and ASP.NET 4.5 +
- Clone repository
- Open solution in Visual Studio 2015 +
- Build and run solution to load website in the browser
- You can navigate to administration on: